DO YOU SUFFER FROM HEEL PAIN OR PLANTAR FASCIITIS?
Do you have heel pain?
You are not alone, as Podiatrists we see Plantar Fasciitis in our clinics everyday!
We love to help our patients with plantar fasciitis get back to the things they love…
WHAT DOES IS FEEL LIKE?
- You wake up in the morning with pain in your heel!
- You have to hobble around like an oldie before you can get your heel on the ground!
- You get the same pain after sitting on the couch for a rest!
- You are no longer able to do day to day things or what you love the most because of the pain!
WHAT IS IT AND WHERE DOES IT HURT?
“Plantar Fasciitis” is:
- A fancy name for inflammation of the muscle at the bottom of your foot that starts at the heel and goes into the toes.
- The pain is usually felt underneath the heel where the muscle originates from, but can also be felt along the arch.
- Everyone is different and may feel the pain in different areas and different degrees of severity
WHAT CAUSES IT?
- Footwear is the number one cause – specifically the wrong shoes!
- Your biomechanics (the way your foot moves)
- Your work and daily activities
THIS IS ME, WHAT DO I DO NOW?
- Heel pain should not be left alone, it wont just go away!
- If untreated it can become a chronic problem,
- It could last for years – seriously affecting your day to day activities including work and exercise.
WHAT TREATMENTS ARE AVAILABLE?
There are plenty of resources on Dr. Google, but if your serious about getting rid of that pain here are a few treatment options we can incorporate into your plan at Holistic Foot Clinic:
- Offloading the area
- Footwear advice and referrals
- Dry Needling
MOST IMPORTANTLY WE PROVIDE EVERY PATIENT WITH A PERSONALISED TREATMENT PLAN TO ENSURE YOU GET THE BEST RESULTS AS QUICK AS POSSIBLE!
- Make an appointment with one of our expert team at Burwood, Caroline Springs or Taylors Hill